1. What is the story behind your twitch channel name?
My twitch name is the first two letters of all my names. So the “Ky” come from Kyle and the “ro” comes from Robert. Not gonna say my surname for obvious reasons. You could be a psychotic serial killer.
2. What is your video game history/background and all time favourite game?
I’ve been gaming since I was a kid. I think my first proper console was a Nintendo GameCube. I remember smashing it out on Mario Kart: Double Dash and Super Mario Sunshine a sh*t load.
Played a bunch of everything since then. From the likes of Crash, Spyro and Sly Cooper, to titles like Far Cry, Monster Hunter, SMITE, Rocket League, etc. My gaming history is quite substantial.
All-time favourite game? Too many. The Last of Us, Unravel, Max: The Curse of Brotherhood, Horizon: Zero Dawn and The Witcher 3 are all up there.
3. What/who inspired you to start streaming?
I can’t remember what inspired me to be honest. I used to watch live-streams from a bunch of different people and it looked like they enjoyed it. So I thought I’d try my hand at it too.
4. When did you start streaming?
First stream on this channel was 29/8/17.
5. How did you find the first few weeks/months of streaming? (any funny stories/mistakes/highlights?)
First few weeks were kinda tough. Didn’t get loads of viewership but once I did the ball kept rolling. Seems to have died down recently though. Have some funny memories which are actually clipped on my channel.
6. How did you grow your stream? How did you network?
Joined a few stream teams. Met awesome people and collaborate with them. Helped some others get exposure they otherwise didn’t have. That sort of thing.
7. What has been your proudest moment while streaming?
Proudest moment? There are loads. Hitting follower milestones, getting subs, all that sort of thing.
8. How did you find the technical side of streaming? Setting up your stream, etc?
Can be a pain. I stream directly from my ps4 so the quality can be poor compared to most streams through OBS and such. But I do my best.
9. What do you enjoy most about your streaming career
Meeting new people and having new faces in the chat. Making someone feel welcome and appreciating them taking time out of their day to hang out with you is pretty spectacular.
10. What don't you enjoy so much about streaming?
The setting up. That says it all.
11. What are you short term and long term goals for your stream?
1k followers before the year is out. 20 subs before the year is out. 8-10 avg viewers.
12. What advice would you give anyone looking to start streaming?
Just do it. It can help improve your confidence if you’re naturally shy or have trouble talking on camera. It’s best to do this now because then once the viewers start coming in and watching you regularly, you’ll be confident and you’ll probably feel better about yourself too.
Also, stream what you like and have fun with it. It’s your channel at the end of the day.
13. Finally, what other streamers do you enjoy watching?
There are loads from TeamBNN i enjoy watching. Jyinx, Natat, Ekoes, Mayling, OTSSFOZZARD, Elvidge Gaming, there are so many. Outside of the community though, I really enjoy watching Larsfest, BrownMan, B0aty and DMBrandon.
Kyroki is possibly the worst streamer on twitch (according to himself). Occasionally produces spicy plays as well as good content, and also laughs way too much.
Find him at www.twitch.tv/kyr0ki on twitch and at www.twitter.com/kyr0ki on twitter