1. What is the story behind your Mixer channel name?
Well my streaming name is my real name, but the 59 is my daughter’s birth month and day put together.
2. What is your video game history/background and all time favourite game?
I have been playing games ever since I could pick up a controller. When I was a kid I did favor PCs over consoles, but that has changed in the last ten years or so. I would have to say my all time favourite game is the Mass Effect series, but if I could only pick one it would be ME2.
3. What/who inspired you to start streaming?
I thought streaming would be a fun way to share gaming experiences with other like minded people.
4. When did you start streaming?
I have done it on and off for about 2 years, I honestly don’t know the exact date. It was in the summer of 2017 though that I decided to make a stronger push for affiliate.
5. How did you find the first few weeks/months of streaming? (any funny stories/mistakes/highlights?)
The first few weeks of streaming can be quite lonely, but I was lucky enough to have a few people do their best to stop by my chat and say hi on a regular basis. At the time I tended to stream in the afternoon, so it always seemed like I was people’s break at work. It was nice to give them something to take their mind off the grind.
6. How did you grow your stream? How did you network?
A lot of my original networking was just done by hanging out with smaller streamers and I noticed they came into my room more often. I did join a team, which really only help me get a ton of empty follows. However, I did meet some cool people who I still stay in contact with to this day.
7. What has been your proudest moment while streaming?
I think making affiliate was the proudest moment for me. This is because in July I set a goal to make affiliate and by mid August I did it. It was the first main streaming goal I completed for myself.
8. How did you find the technical side of streaming? Setting up your stream, etc?
I have always worked with computers in my own time. So this was nothing I found to difficult to do.
9. What do you enjoy most about your streaming career?
I like meeting people the best, I still say I sometimes have more fun supporting other than myself.
10. What don't you enjoy so much about streaming?
I think it can be hard to manage it with my person schedule. I wish I had more time to chill on stream and hang with my chatters.
11. What are you short term and long term goals for your stream?
My short term goal is to really workout a streaming schedule that works with my life. Even if that is one streaming once a week. The idea would be to maintain some consistency. The long term goal for me is to stick things out with Mixer, the only thing that makes this hard is that viewers seem to like to watch Twitch more often.
12. What advice would you give anyone looking to start streaming?
I would say do not get into streaming to make money. This does not mean it can’t happen, but that is a lot of initial stress to put on yourself.
13. Finally, what other streamers do you enjoy watching?
Here are just some of the many: ZenyxGaming, Baggers, Nat, and TGBoii.
Dexter is a Mixer streamer who likes to stream almost anything Xbox related, but with an emphasis on sports games. He is also a member of the TeamBNN Hype Squad.
For more information follow his twitter at www.twitter.com/xDexter_59 and his Mixer streams at www.mixer.com/dexter_59