1. What is the story behind your channel name?
I used to go by gravethenightwalker and alot of my viewers, some now my best friends, started calling me gravey. After a while of coaching league i had a clever thought and call myself GeneralGravey (GG if you dont see the joke)
2. What is your video game history/background and all time favourite game?
A lot of my background is in league of legends. I used to compete in amateur tournaments and help with other teams. My favorite game of all time would have to be Devil May Cry. I loved the difficulty with it and the story was amazing as well.
3. What/Who inspired you to start creating content on the internet?
My husband actually, when we were dating we used justin.tv (now twitch) to watch movies together and it blossomed from there.
4. When did you start creating content on the internet?
I really started doing it somewhere around 2014(ish) with clips from my league of legends streams. Then after working as a content manager with a tournament group called Payday.gg I really evolved my game to make better content.
5. How did you find the first few weeks/months of content creation? (any funny stories/mistakes/highlights?)
It was hard but it was actually kinda fun. I was drawing inspiration from other creators and some of the shows i was watching. The more i was enveloped by it the more i wanted to make.
6. How did you grow your channel? How did you network?
Honestly just hanging out in groups and talking to other streamers. A lot of the people really like to get to know others and what they like. Stuff like that really helps lay a solid foundation for channel exposure.
Also the friendships that come with it are amazing as well. Like I've met some insanely cool people.
7. What has been your proudest moment so far?
Honestly it was getting affiliate, I had worked so hard to get it. I almost cried when i got the email.
8. How did you find the technical side of content creation? Setting up your channel, etc?
Its a lot of learn as you go. I self taught, also asked alot of stupid questions, my self a lot of the tricks of making things fun and exciting.
9. What do you enjoy most about your content creation hobby/career?
Making people laugh. i know there is a lot of things that can bring us down in the world. If i can make at least one person laugh and feel at least a little better then the time i spent in the video is well worth every second.
10. What don't you enjoy so much about your content creation hobby/career?
Its A LOT OF TIME and i mean A LOT. I spent almost 5 hours on one video,it was five minutes, one time because i was over thinking it.
11. What are you short term and long term goals for your channel/s?
Short term is to help more people find my stream and my content. I know my brand isn't for a lot of people but it can be amusing i promise.
Long term is to make partner. I want to be able to have enough people to help give back to a lot of the communities, online and in real life, so i can help others.
12. What advice would you give anyone looking to get into content creation?
Its a long road and its full of a lot of hardships. Though if you want it and i mean REALLY want it, then its a great place to be.
13. Finally, what other content creators do you enjoy watching and recommend people check out?
I mean JoeR247 is always amazing, boogie2988, Uzi cause shes such a sweet heart, and last is redvox cause she's honestly bad ass.
All right my lunatic legionnaires its time I'm off to do battle! Make sure you guys have a good one and I'll catch ya'll on the flip side! Peace!
Find GeneralGravey on Twitter at www.twitter.com/MajrGraveyGains and on Twitch at www.twitch.tv/generalgravey
Want to take part? Click this link!