1. What is the story behind your channel name?
Is the title of a song by one of my all time favorite bands, The album it derives from was part of my gaming playlist and has stayed in my playlist for many years.
2. What is your video game history/background and all time favourite game?
First Console I played was the Atari 2600, and the first machine I owned was the spectrum 28k , followed by the Sega master system, I've since owned all consoles but find myself only playing PC games the last few years. My favorite game is most probably age of empires 2 , spent so much time on it, the first game I ever played online with the old Microsoft network..
3. What/Who inspired you to start creating content on the internet?
I didn't really know much about Twitch before looking for someway to connect with other gamers, most of my RL friends had "grown out" or no longer had time for gaming, I found myself not enjoying gaming as much as I used to and hoped streaming would re-ignite my love for games. It sure did !!!
4. When did you start creating content on the internet?
My first stream was Feb 2018
5. How did you find the first few weeks/months of content creation? (any funny stories/mistakes/highlights?)
Had zero viewers for my first 10 or so streams , then had my first viewer playing We were here too, it continued like this for quite some time, with the odd person happening upon my stream, the great thing was they mostly came back and we started to have a nice small community, thats where we are right now.
6. How did you grow your channel? How did you network?
As I'm not the greatest at most of the popular games out at the moment, viewer engagement became my key to keeping viewers, trying to prioritize chat over whatever is happening in game. Keeping to a schedule, spending as much time as possible visiting and supporting other streamers, finding the right games to bring in a new audience while still keeping your current viewers happy, a lot of trial and error.
7. What has been your proudest moment so far?
Achieving affiliate was a big goal for me, but more than that, building an audience that i would say are my friends and having these same people to game with ... it's why I started doing this!
8. How did you find the technical side of content creation? Setting up your channel, etc?
The technical side was pretty easy for me, have always been good with software and IT side of things, had a few issues early on with some of the obs settings, but hoping I've got it right now!
9. What do you enjoy most about your content creation hobby/career?
What I am enjoying most is my re-kindled passion for gaming , Having friends and people to share the hobby with has brought back the enjoyment for me.
10. What don't you enjoy so much about your content creation hobby/career?
The balance between work, supporting others and keeping a schedule leaves very little time for real life, luckily I married a gamer too!
11. What are you short term and long term goals for your channel/s?
Short term is to keep building a community which will hopefully enable me to quit the day job, giving back a little time where I can catch up with real life.
12. What advice would you give anyone looking to get into content creation?
Keep at it!!! it's a long slow process, even when you have a great day , the next day can be hard with very little visitors, don't give up, make sure to spend time visiting and supporting others, even if that means reducing your own schedule to do so, engage with people who do visit you, acknowledge them as they are more important than the game you are playing.
13. Finally, what other content creators do you enjoy watching and recommend people check out?
A few people I support that I believe do things right!! twitch.tv/tapangking
Still supporting many others, and finding new streams everyday, but the above stand out for me.
HurtinCrue - Bearded Yorkshire bloke, enjoying co-op and multi player games. Find them at www.twitch.tv/hurtincrue
Want to take part? Click this link!