1. What is the story behind your channel name?
Funny story! It was originally used for an attack on titan tumblr, my favourite characters last name was Ackerman and he had the concept of being 'sassy' so I took Acker and sass and put it together XD
2. What is your video game history/background and all time favourite game?
I was introduced to the first playstation by my Uncle, he gave me games such as Spyro, Crash Bandicoot and some sort of wrestling game! :') I used to play them at my grandparents as they worked 3 days or 3 nights a week and I stayed over at there house a lot as I was growing up with my mum working saturday nights. When I was 8 or 7 I got my first computer and got the first Sims game and been obsessed with Sims since then
3. What/Who inspired you to start creating content on the internet?
No one really inspired me. My boyfriend usually streamed at a random schedule and I thought hey why not and started doing it myself, I quickly fell in love with it and made friends through streaming so I make a schedule every week and try to stick by it.
4. When did you start creating content on the internet?
I first started making Sims content on Youtube in 2016 but that didn't last long as the laptop I was using wasn't great at running the games I was playing and editing. I gave it up and started watching other peoples content until I started streaming in January 2017
5. How did you find the first few weeks/months of content creation? (any funny stories/mistakes/highlights?)
I had NO idea what I was doing, all I was doing was playing Overwatch on stream, I used my phone for chat which kept dying during stream. A couple of months into streaming I met my best friend through a Twitch Facebook group, and nearly 2 years later we're still friends. Despite being in different countries and different timezones.
6. How did you grow your channel? How did you network?
I used to post on a Twitch Facebook group, I used to get a few viewers from there then I started networking with other people by popping into their streams and making friendships. I made a few streamer friends through Bashie which I've still got but sadly not all friendships last. I used to watch someone on Youtube called LittleMissSimmer at the time (shes changed her name now) and she had a friend called SourPatchPack (also changed her name now) and they both started streaming on Twitch, but I've now become friends with SourPatchPack (aka JulieAnne) we both share our love for Sims 4 and many other games.
7. What has been your proudest moment so far?
Reaching Affiliate. I was on stream when I got the invite. It was in my twitch notifications and I was like "the hell is going on here?!" And after the stream I opened up the email and couldn't believe it!
8. How did you find the technical side of content creation? Setting up your channel, etc?
Over the time I've been streaming there have been difficulties, I'm not good at graphics so my panels weren't always brilliant. I always try not to have such a busy overlay, I just put the main bits on and roll with it. When it comes to information in my panels, I throw whatever I can about myself and hope for the best! (That's how streamers work right?)
9. What do you enjoy most about your content creation hobby/career?
Meeting people who have the same love for gaming as I do. Sharing opinions on games and also experiencing new different games, I'm always up for different games so I'm not afraid to try it out on stream.
10. What don't you enjoy so much about your content creation hobby/career?
When things don't go my way! Like if I'm streaming a different game and it refuses to work due to OBS or the game itself
11. What are you short term and long term goals for your channel/s?
My end of year goal is 300 followers on Twitch, I wouldn't call them short term or long term. To be fair I'm not that fussed if I don't get 300 followers at the end of year, that time will come.
12. What advice would you give anyone looking to get into content creation?
Never play an over saturated game on stream e.g. Fortnite or League of Legends. Your gonna be underneath so many streams in that category it'll be hard to grow. Also try to focus on one game, yes switch up the game every now and then, just do what you like! XD
13. Finally, what other content creators do you enjoy watching and recommend people check out?
Stay Sassy! Even if you don't think you are. Find Ackersass on Twitch at www.twitch.tv/ackersass and on Twitter at www.twitter.com/ackersass
Want to take part? Click this link!