1. What is the story behind your channel name?
My mate changed my Facebook name to Hillary about 10 years ago, and Hill stuck since then. The 10 is my lucky number and the number I wore for football and 30 is the day of the month I was born.
2. What is your video game history/background and all time favourite game?
Played since the mega drive days, sonic 1 was the first game I ever played and Ocarina of Time is definitely my favourite all time game
3. What/Who inspired you to start creating content on the internet?
Brownman moved from a YouTube channel I watched for a long time over to twitch which is what got me interested in twitch itself.
In terms of content creation though I have always been interested and I studied for a degree in TV and film production
4. When did you start creating content on the internet?
5. What is your content creation setup. Specs and accessories?
2 PCs with capture card, 2 big photography lights, logitect 1080p webcam, blue yeti mic, ps4 and xbox.
6. How did you find the first few weeks/months of content creation? (any funny stories/mistakes/highlights?)
Early on I had no idea what to do in terms of getting my name out there, anything I looked for was the typical follow4follow nonsense which I admit I fell for! I got a couple of my friends to join in chat etc and slowly but surely I managed to get a few regulars - one of these made my first highlight video and picked out a weird ooOOoo noise that I made which has been the follow alert noise ever since!
7. How did you grow your channel? How did you network?
Admittedly not as well as I could do, I have met a few other streamers through raiding/hosting and general browsing (such as yourself) I have tried joining stream teams before but found very little benefit from them.
8. What has been your proudest moment so far?
I've completed two 24hr streams, the latest of which raised over £200 for the Make a Wish foundation which was amazing, but the what makes me proudest is that I have created an awesome community that simply wouldn't have existed without my dopey face sat in front of a camera.
9. How did you find the technical side of content creation? Setting up your channel, etc?
Fairly easy actually, I'm very technically minded and have a lot of experience in similar things. I have a great passion for editing but lack the time to really sink my teeth into it. Since I first started I have continued to work on the channel and have a really strong brand in place.
10. What do you enjoy most about your content creation hobby/career?
The community, without a doubt, I enjoy playing games and messing about in digital worlds, I'm happy to poke fun at myself and the best thing about streaming is that you can share this with people across the world that you would never otherwise meet.
11. What don't you enjoy so much about your content creation hobby/career?
The time. I have struggled many times with the balance of streaming and work/home life. I've take two extended breaks in the 18 months since I started as I've suffered from burnout.
12. What are you short term and long term goals for your channel/s?
Short term, keep a consistent schedule. Long term, continue to grow while keeping the sense of community that has been built so far. (Boring I know sorry!)
13. What advice would you give anyone looking to get into content creation?
Don't expect anything, literally expect nothing. Progress, if it happens at all, is slow. Streaming takes time and effort and it is not as easy as turning the stream on and viewers flocking to your channel. (There's a much longer version of this advice but you get the point!)
14. Finally, what other content creators do you enjoy watching and recommend people check out?
FizzleMcCoy (10-20 viewers) BrownMan (1k+) Dafran (4k+)
Hill1030 is a beady idiot from the north that enjoys being bad at video games!
Come laugh at his lack of skills at www.twitch.tv/hill1030 or when the stream is not live there are highlights up on YouTube at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfGBl8xp6ScTcfN74q32nkw
Want to take part? Click this link!