1. What is the story behind your channel name?
It means Sweater, I needed a name in Runescape. When I was a kid I was afraid of the internet needed something that did not come close to my real name Amber. I had an itch in my sweater and took the first random word I thought of. Later I realised that it sounds cool in English.
2. What is your video game history/background and all time favourite game?
I game since 4.5 years. I did play Rollercoaster and Sims as a kid, but did not know about the gaming scene so never got into it before.
Fav: Overwatch even though I also hate it a LOT of the time. A game that I never hated would be New Super Mario Bros.
3. What/Who inspired you to start creating content on the internet?
TV actually. As a teen I worked for a radio station and did voluntary work for a local TV station. When I found about Twitch I knew this was my chance to start my own.
4. When did you start creating content on the internet?
2.5 years ago. April 2017.
5. What is your content creation setup. Specs and accessories?
Case: Aerocool Aero – 1000.
Disks: SSD 480GB 500/550 Ultra II and 2TB HDD.
Motherboard: MSI Z270 Gaming Pro.
Power: CooMas G750M (750W).
Graphics card: MSI 8GB D5X GTX 1080 Gaming x 8GB.
Cpu: Intel Core i7-6700.
RAM: 2x MSI 8gb 2400-16 Vengeance LPX.
Operating system: Windows 10.
Webcam: Logitech HD Pro webcam C920.
Monitor: Acer K232HL.
Secondary monitor: AOC G2460V.
Headphones: Audio Technica ATH-M30x studio.
Keyboard: CORSAIR Strafe Cherry MX Red.
Mouse: Razer Naga Hex V2.
Mousepad: Razer Goliathus Extended - Speed - Gaming Mousepad - Overwatch Edition.
Mic: Blue yeti (black).
Light: Pixel Sonnon DL-913 Professional Photography LED Light + power adapter.
Tripod: Manfrotto MKC3-H01 Compact photo-movie kit black.
Greenscreen: Elgato Greenscreen.
6. How did you find the first few weeks/months of content creation? (any funny stories/mistakes/highlights?)
Nobody watched. I made a video about it actually!
7. How did you grow your channel? How did you network?
Networking in other stream, Twitter, discord. And constantly trying to make your stream better.
8. What has been your proudest moment so far?
Our charity stream for St.Jude.
9. How did you find the technical side of content creation? Setting up your channel, etc?
Pretty easy. I am good at it and make video to help others out.
10. What do you enjoy most about your content creation hobby/career?
The end result. Being proud of what you made.
11. What don't you enjoy so much about your content creation hobby/career?
Frustration of wanting to grow faster than you do.
12. What are you short term and long term goals for your channel/s?
Short term: helping people with their channels and staying on my niche.
Long term: Getting twitch partnership and 10K YouTube subs.
13. What advice would you give anyone looking to get into content creation?
Test it out and if it is nothing for you don't force yourself because it is going to be a fight. Some people just enjoy being a viewer more, that is totally fine!
14. Finally, what other content creators do you enjoy watching and recommend people check out?
Missclicks, blackmario and similarsquid
Trui is a Twitch streamer and a YouTuber. She streams Nintedo games on mostly the Switch (sometimes she plays Wii or Gameqube games). On YouTube she makes streamer support video to help out fellow content creators.
You can find her at Twitch.tv/trui And YouTube.com/trui22 And if you want to chat you can find her at Twitter.com/truiontwitch
Want to take part yourself? Click this link