1. What is the story behind your channel name?
I cross-stitch & I bake.. it's the least mysterious name ever.
2. What is your video game history/background and all time favourite game?
Sonic The Hedgehog on my brother's Sega Mega Drive was the first game I fell in love with - specifically Sonic 3. When I was 8 I got my own console, a PlayStation, & Spyro The Dragon became my absolute favourite. I think it still is!
3. What/Who inspired you to start creating content on the internet?
My husband, Wobbly. You might know him as "the guy who used to have a beard."
4. When did you start creating content on the internet?
I did my first solo stream on 15th October 2018. Before that I'd joined in with a few of Wobbly's streams.
5. What is your content creation setup. Specs and accessories?
Nothing fancy: a simple laptop & a couple of webcams basically. One is a face cam & the other is taped (yes, literally taped) to an arm over my cross-stitch. Wobbly gets the RGB "battlestation".
6. How did you find the first few weeks/months of content creation? (any funny stories/mistakes/highlights?)
I really enjoyed it actually. I made the usual mistakes: went to the wrong scene, forgot to unmute the mic. I also lost my needle after a really big raid once, I think I panicked & knocked it onto the floor.
7. How did you grow your channel? How did you network?
Meeting fellow creative streamers through raids really helped, & of course I networked as much as possible on social media. The creative side of Twitch has the best community, everyone's very supportive.
8. What has been your proudest moment so far?
My proudest moment was raiding someone & being told by that person that my streams had inspired them to start streaming. A few months later I met someone else who said *they'd* been inspired by that person, so it was like a knock-on effect. Very cool.
9. How did you find the technical side of content creation? Setting up your channel, etc?
I had Wobbly to help me, so I was fortunate in that respect. I took to it all pretty quickly though.
10. What do you enjoy most about your content creation hobby/career?
It probably sounds cliché, but I love making people happy. When people say they enjoy/look forward to my streams it's a great feeling.
11. What don't you enjoy so much about your content creation hobby/career?
The self-doubt. I've dealt with it in every aspect of my life, but this kind of thing makes me very aware that there are lots of people "better" than me or my channel & it can sometimes make me question whether I'm good enough.
12. What are you short term and long term goals for your channel/s?
Short-term, keep making cool stuff & entertain my regulars (and irregulars). Long-term, who knows? Can you turn cross-stitch streaming into a career?
13. What advice would you give anyone looking to get into content creation?
Go for it, but don't kid yourself that you'll have instant success. Go into it with the mindset that it's just for fun, to make friends or to grow as a person, but don't do it for money or fame. You'll grind yourself down if you don't have a relaxed approach to it.
Content creating & networking is a fantastic way of making new friends & you don't get many opportunities to do that as an adult (especially if you're an introvert like me) so go for it!
14. Finally, what other content creators do you enjoy watching and recommend people check out?
Well on Twitch, of course my lovely hubby wobblyredman23, then we have cool people like QuirkyDuckling, TheGeek, Twice_The_Slice, luminaryti, oXPorkChopXo, smileyrileyyy & stitchinstella to name just a few. Oh & there's some Joe guy.. Joe R 24/7 or something?
TheStitchyBaker is a twitch streamer who Cross-Stitches, Bakes and plays video games. Can be found saying "YasQueen" on Twitch at www.twitch.tv/TheStitchyBaker and on Twitter at
Stitchy also has an Etsy store! Go check it out at https://www.etsy.com/shop/thestitchybaker
See some work Stitchy has made for the Joe's!
Want to take part? Click this Link!